• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Runtime Error

gavro

When I try to access anything from the admin panel of osCommerce I receive the following message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

I contacted my host and he says:

This an bug of oscommerce and hopefully it would get fixed soon, till then you will have to manually reset the url and work with the oscommerce. for eg, when you click the configuration link, the url in the address bar becomes as http://mystore.com/%3CINSTALLDIRSLASH%3Ead...632b6393d1326ad

In the above url just replace the '%3CINSTALLDIRSLASH%3E' with 'shopping/' and it will again ask for the login details just provide the logging details again to open the configuration page.

This does work, but I can hardly work with it, as everytime I click to do anything on the admin panel, or on any of the pages that it leads to, I have to remove '%3CINSTALLDIRSLASH%3E' replace it with 'shopping' and login again. It takes forever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Archived