• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing the "Register" required fields

verbalkent

Hello again all, Where/How can I edit the fields in the "Register" page so that new customers/users wont have to input all of the fields, the defualt requires all fields to be input' into the form, I want to edit the fields so that certain fields are Optional, and not Required, ie: gender, dob. etc...

thx all

i suggest reading the knowledge base, it explains a bit about the admin area.  look in admin/configuration/customer details

Thanks, Is it possible to edit the defualted fields, I dont want to completly "Remove" the field, i would like to make certain fields "Optional" instead of required, and without removing the fields

modify the code calling it up, you may need to alter the database, changing to null for the particular field

Thank you, I am mod'ng the database now, what php page holds the code calling it up? I have looked at the create_account.php file in the root dir, and I see the" td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'm') . '  ' . MALE . '  ' . tep_draw_radio_field('gender', 'f') . '  ' . FEMALE . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td> "

text, is this where i make my changes? I assume that the database is where i change the properties of the field from required to optional (changing from NOT NULL to NULL in sql) as for the text that reads *Required, is that done in the above php file? I have looked for the word require to see if I can spot it, but the only hting close to it is a "inputRequirement" statement...

thnx for the help so far.

Archived