• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't seem to change anything

jameslkung

I can't seem to change anything on my site. As soon as I do, I get this message.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/motoperf/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

The site would not load anymore and i have to reload the entire program. Does anyone know what can be causing this?

I can't seem to change anything on my site.  As soon as I do, I get this message.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/motoperf/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

The site would not load anymore and i have to reload the entire program.  Does anyone know what can be causing this?

When you change the defines for the main text or anything else you need to make sure that you only change what is between the end quotes. Change the line to this by pasting this over your existing text.

define('TEXT_MAIN', ' Add your text here ');

This should work without any error messages. Then seperate the tags from the text so you do not remove them by accident. Change it to look like this

define('TEXT_MAIN', '

Add your text here

');

Now change the "Add your text her"e to whatever text you want to use. One thing to keep in mind is any time you use a ' in your text you need to escape it out. So what's becomes what/'s or you will have parse errors.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived