• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to hide the .php file name in URL

milind

HI everyone,

I will be very thankfull if anyone tell me that how can I write a Flat URL for OSCOMMERCE site I Used!!!!!!!!

If you know any other thing of hiding the .php name please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

MiliProgrammer

dont know what you mean, and why do you want to hide the filename and extension?

by doing redirects it can definitely hurt your search engine rankings.

HI everyone,

I will be very thankfull if anyone tell me that how can I write a Flat URL  for OSCOMMERCE site I Used!!!!!!!!

If you know any other thing of hiding the .php name please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

MiliProgrammer

I'm also not sure what you mean, but you could put your commerce website in a frame - that would give your visitors a fixed URL the whole time they are in the store instead of each page specific URL for each webpage in your store. You just create an htm file that has the following code:

<html>
<title>Welcome to my site</title>
<frameset cols="100%,*" border=0 frameborder=0 border=0 framespacing=0 scrolling="no">
   <frame
       src="[PUT YOUR ACTUAL STORE URL HERE]"
       name="AddressHidingFrame"
       marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 noresize scrolling="no">
   <frame
       name="needed4Netscape2Work"
       marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 noresize>
</frameset>
   <noframes>
       <a href="[PUT YOUR ACTUAL STORE URL HERE]">Your browser doesn't support frames, click here to continue.</a>
   </noframes>
</html>

Save it under "store.htm" or something like that. Then send your customers to store.htm and that's all they'll see in the URL until they break out of the frame. If their browser doesn't support frames (99.99% do) then your URL will show.

That said, your visitors will only be able to bookmark individual pages by "right-click, add-bookmark" (most browsers support this, but most of your visitors won't know that). Frames used to cause problems with search bots too, but from what I hear, that's becoming less of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx for your support

But I want to write flat url to hide the actual pages from the url's with the parameter to send for each page.

I am able to come inside in html_output.php in that I want to edit tep_href_link

function to replace ? tag in URL.

Anyone Doing this and get Successed please help me out!

Thanx In advace and for your support upto yet!!!!!!!!!!

Mili

Archived