• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add quantity avail to product page?

AmusedVermin

Not having any luck with "quantity" in the search here. Dug through hundreds of pages with no success.

I've been playing with the numbers in the "stock" option under configuration, but the best I can get is the quantity of items available showing in the category or sub-category listings (cPath).

What I'd like to do, and feel it would make it easier on customers, is to put the "quantity available" on the main product page where the item is described and larger image avialable.

Is there a magic number that needs to be placed somewhere or would it come down to more php editing? If so which file and where? Would it be product_info.php?

I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing when it comes to editing php and have been going on pure luck for anything to work. Was jazzed when the USPS shipping module worked. Holding my breath on opening date if all the work on the Paypal module will work or not. So many horror stories on here about receiving payment without knowing what the customer ordered. :blink:

Maybe a nifty bit of code that can be placed in the item description to show on its page...

Thanks for any help and possibly pointing me in the right direction.

Rick

Archived