• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Action Shots

ringo

A client of mine asked about a picture gallery. He wants to put action shots of him and his wife in some of the shirts. So I was thinking about a way someone could have action shots on each item. I saw something similar at thinkgeek.com (example:

Item Information: http://www.thinkgeek.com/oreilly/tshirts/5eb7/

Action Shots: http://www.thinkgeek.com/oreilly/tshirts/5...action/210647e/

)

So I was thinking on having a utility that could ask for the users picture, place them in a table (of course upload to an upload directory just for action shots, and they would have to have an account), and if the setting is setup to moderate, it would put them in its own admin section. Then of course display on each item like the think geek web page (or how ever the person wants the pictures to be displayed).

What do you (the community) think of this idea? I am going to start creating such add-on and might post the code in the Contributions when done.

Thanks for reading,

Ringo

Just someone trying to make sense of all of this code.

A client of mine asked about a picture gallery.  He wants to put action shots of him and his wife in some of the shirts. So I was thinking about a way someone could have action shots on each item. I saw something similar at thinkgeek.com (example:

Item Information: http://www.thinkgeek.com/oreilly/tshirts/5eb7/

Action Shots: http://www.thinkgeek.com/oreilly/tshirts/5...action/210647e/

)

So I was thinking on having a utility that could ask for the users picture, place them in a table (of course upload to an upload directory just for action shots, and they would have to have an account), and if the setting is setup to moderate, it would put them in its own admin section.  Then of course display on each item like the think geek web page (or how ever the person wants the pictures to be displayed). 

What do you (the community) think of this idea?  I am going to start creating such add-on and might post the code in the Contributions when done.

Thanks for reading,

Ringo

you mean a user posted gallery? sound good..

keep it going....

id be willing to help, we could take mo_pics or ultra images as base, make the layout and take some code from the admin section to make the own user based upload section!

greetz john

you mean a user posted gallery? sound good..

keep it going....

id be willing to help, we could take mo_pics or ultra images as base, make the layout and take some code from the admin section to make the own user based upload section!

greetz john

Thats what I was thinking. I was thinking a table for the action shots to be listed. When the customer/user uploads the image, it would upload to a holding directory, or just flag it as new. It would change the name to something like itemnumber-1, itemnumber-2, itemnumber-# ... or something like that (so to keep them organized). When it came to the size issue, I was thinking on using the tumbnail contubution (.htaccess change) and make all the images sized down to like no bigger than 200 by 200 (customizeable).

I hope to get started with this project in the next couple of days, and would love any help. :thumbsup: I shall keep you posted as my progress (and test environment).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Has anything progressed with this idea? I'm in the market for such a contribution. I'm wanting to have the ability for the public to submit products - mainly an image with a description, price etc to be included in the catalog. Only it would go into a 'new submissions' section of admin so they could be approved or denied. Once approved they would be added to the live catalog.

Any info or progress updates would be great thanks.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Been really busy with work. So no time to work on it. Hopefully some time this coming up week I will have time.

Archived