• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error: Unable to connect to database server!

bobg7

Has anyone seen this kind of error, ever since my webhost had some "issues" this has been happening. A refresh or 2 clears it, but it isn't right.

Talked to the webhost and they suggested pulling everything out and re-installing but I'm still getting errors like this.

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'superihost.com' (2) in /home/www/grasshoppersgifts.com/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 17

Unable to connect to database server!

If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know. I have a feeling it's a timing issue but I need something solid to go back to my webhost with.

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Where would I change this, I don't have the option when setting up the DB in the control panel, it defaults to sperihost.com and no other selections.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Where would I change this, I don't have the option when setting up the DB in the control panel, it defaults to sperihost.com and no other selections.

In the first line of the database info in your configure.php files it should read

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived