• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How not to sell out of stock items!

WiseWombat

Hi When Products are marked as Presently Out of Stock and dont exist in desired quantity in your stock.

It tells the customers" You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process.

How could you prevent some one buying this product and prossesing this out of stock item because you may not wish to reorder or restock that particlar product.

<_<

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Additional change for hiding 'add to cart' button in product info screen if product is sold out.

in catalog/product_info.php:

FIND

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?>

REPLACE

<?php if ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0) {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART);

}

?>

Additional change for hiding 'add to cart' button in product info screen if product is sold out.

in catalog/product_info.php:

FIND

<?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?>

REPLACE

<?php  if ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0)  {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART);

}

?>

I have found and replaced the lines in catalog/product_info.php:

with

<?php if ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0) {

}

?>

but the changes have not altered the purchase of unavailable products ??? Did I do some thing wrong?? :huh:

( WARNING )

Hi When Products are marked as Presently Out of Stock and dont exist in desired quantity in your stock.

It tells the customers" You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process.

How could you prevent some one buying this product and prossesing this out of stock item because you may not wish to reorder or restock that particlar product.

<_<

I have seen a contribution for this.

Not sure if the option is available in your version or not, if not there's probably a contrib that updates to this point. I'm going to be selling on available stock only so when something goes out of stock, the item listing dissapears from view.

In Admin - Configuration - Stock you have the option to allow checkout = true / false. Setting it to false will not allow customers to buy items when out of stock.

config.gif

Hope that helps. :blush:

Not sure if the option is available in your version or not, if not there's probably a contrib that updates to this point. I'm going to be selling on available stock only so when something goes out of stock, the item listing dissapears from view.

In Admin - Configuration - Stock you have the option to allow checkout = true / false. Setting it to false will not allow customers to buy items when out of stock.

config.gif

Sorry. Wrong contrib. I mis-understood the query.

config.gif

Thanks for your help I had it set to "true" so I set to "false" and that has fixed the problem.

:thumbsup:

( WARNING )

Archived