• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Currency defaulting to USD

Dave E

Hi,

Have my site almost set up but now the currency suddenly reverts to US Dollars even though I have set the default to Euro. It was working perfectly upto a week ago. I think I must have pressed the update currencies button and now the currency defaults to US Dollars. When I change to Euro it puts currency=EUR up in the location bar so I can see that this is not the default, also when I go into the site, default currency is USD. If I set the default currency to Euro am I supposed to update the currencies manually? How do I change currency default back to Euro?

Thanks,

Dave

In the Admin there is the Configuration>>My Store go there and look for Switch to Default Language Currency Set that to False. That should take care of your problem. What is happening is your currency is being switched to your default language which is English and US.

regards,

• 1 month later...
Thanks for that, just tried it and it works perfectly.? Just didn't see that option in the Configuration even though I was staring right at it!!!

Dave

You could also edit the catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Search for USD, and you will find this line.

--

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');'

--

Exchange USD with the international currency code you would like to use ( http://www.xe.com/iso4217.htm )

In my view, this is the best way to do it.:-)

Malawi, The Fisher King

AKA Trygve Lillefosse

Archived