• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Conversion Tracking

matbennett

Been looking through the contributions and surprised that I don't seem to be able to find anything relating to conversion tracking.

oscAffiliate does most of what is required, but wondered whether anyone had / wanted a specific contribution for this as I was thinking of putting one together.

Mainly I want something to track which actual sales have originated from different sources such as affiliate networks, PPC programs, advertising etc.

My question is really in 2 parts:

1. Does anyone know of a contribution that does all/most of this (preferably in a simpler way than the excellent but complex affiliate contribution).

2. If not, would anyone find such a contribution useful?

Wanted features:

* Cookie visitors with the source of referral for a specified duration

* Store cookied referral information in user profile when customers register, together with optional extra information (such as adwords {keyword} field)

* Transfer this information to the orders (this allows customers who were originally found via one method then returned by another to be tracked accurately).

* Produce transaction reports by, period, for required referrers

Personally i prefer the referrer to be logged rather than using a tracking ID, but a tracking ID would be fine I guess.

• 5 months later...

Found this old post of mine and thought I would add a post-script for anyone else who stumbled across it.

I now have a modification that does all this (and a little more). It isn't really in contributable form at the moment, (I just hacked it together as it was desperately needed on our store Find Watches) but I would be happy to look at making it a contribution if there was enough interest in it.

Let me know if you think it would be useful.

• 9 months later...
Found this old post of mine and thought I would add a post-script for anyone else who stumbled across it.

I now have a modification that does all this (and a little more). It isn't really in contributable form at the moment, (I just hacked it together as it was desperately needed on our store Find Watches) but I would be happy to look at making it a contribution if there was enough interest in it.

Let me know if you think it would be useful.

I'm interested!

Archived