• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Files and DB deleted

bobg7

There was an error on the webhosts server and my osCommerce files and DB got damaged. I removed the DB and all the files and uploaded them again.

Now when I try to do an install (http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/install) I click Install and the New Installation windows loads (Step 2).

When I click Continue, leaving both boxes checked, it just flashes real quick and stays on the same window and will not let me continue.

I did have this installed before without to many issues but now I'm stuck and need to get it re-installed as soon as I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched the board and have not been able to find a solution yet.

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

If you're sure that you're running the install in the same way that you did when it previously worked, it might be worth checking with your host that your account is still configured the same way that it was before.

After all, if they lost your DB and files, then there's a good chance that they lost the web server config files and so there's no guarantee that your account has been re-instated with all the same permissions that it had before.

Richard.

osCommerce was partly working after the webhosts issue was resolved, parts of the DB had been corrupted and was getting SQL errors when loading pages.

When I contacted the webhost, everything had been restored up to the last backup on Sunday so I can only assume the account is setup the same.

The webhost recommended that I remove the DB and odCommerce files and re-install it and it's been no go since.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Would it matter that SSL is active? I'm not sure if I had it active on the original install or not but is is now.

osCommerce was partly working after the webhosts issue was resolved, parts of the DB had been corrupted and was getting SQL errors when loading pages.

When I contacted the webhost, everything had been restored up to the last backup on Sunday so I can only assume the account is setup the same.

The webhost recommended that I remove the DB and odCommerce files and re-install it and it's been no go since.

Very Strange, after taking a 6 hour break (nap) I came back to it, tried to install it again, and to my suprise :'( it installed.

There was an error on the webhosts server and my osCommerce files and DB got damaged. I removed the DB and all the files and uploaded them again.

Now when I try to do an install (http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/install) I click Install and  the New Installation windows loads (Step 2).

When I click Continue, leaving both boxes checked, it just flashes real quick and stays on the same window and will not let me continue.

I did have this installed before without to many issues but now I'm stuck and need to get it re-installed as soon as I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched the board and have not been able to find a solution yet.

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

Archived