• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Potential Application

I have found only limited information about this contribution, and I would like to understand its potential uses better. From what I have seen thus far, I am unsure of whether it may be helpful to me. If anybody can assist me, I thank you in advance. The application that I am questioning is as follows:

I am working to develop a site for a company that wants many of the features of osCommerce, but needs to implement an affiliate/agent program. The client intends to pay commissions based on a percentage of the sale amount, or alternately, a given amount that would be set for each particular product.

I have been given two possible directives for the user's experience. Most favorably would be the ability to customize content for the affiliate, such as adding the affiliate logo and name on the site. More importantly, the client will require the ability to track and review a report of commissions payable for multiple affiliates/agents.

From what I have read of previous releases, this contribution may not support the needs of my client, but I am hopeful to receive enlightenment. If some of this will work, I will be interested in working to develop missing portions. However, without installing an instance of the contribution, I am left with some confusion.

If osCommerce is the wrong answer for this particular project, or if anybody knows a good implementation of osCommerce for this project, please inform me.

Thanks!

Mark

oscommerce can do what you are after with the aid of an affiliates contribution from the contributions area, this is a place that you should visit to see all the add ons that are available.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

After posting, I realized that my post was in the wrong area. I meant to post it along with other posts regarding the osCommerce Affiliate contribution. If it makes no sense, that is why. Is there any chance of moving it there? :blush:

oscommerce can do what you are after with the aid of an affiliates contribution from the contributions area, this is a place that you should visit to see all the add ons that are available.

you will need to supply a link to the appropriate thread

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I have not seen an appropriate thread, yet. :'(

The contributions I seek information for are as follows:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,158

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1188/page,2

(osC Affiliate, and osC Affiliate Branding, respectively.)

The biggest question presently is in how it will calculate and report commissions. What I seek is based on either percentage of sale or set commission amount for the given product. With these answers, I am hopeful to write a proposal for the client. If it calculates only per-click, I will have more work to do in order to launch a solution. Until I know these items, I am still in limbo. :(

you will need to supply a link to the appropriate thread