• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Connecting to an outside db

Take an existing company with a large amount of products and customers, all of which are on a computer network, but they are not on the internet.

I'm interested in possibly propositioning this company to build and maintain a website for them, but I think they are going to need some sort of interface between their db and the OSC store. I would imaging things such as realtime inventory control, customer information, history, etc. will all be needed as well as some way to import (or access) their data and network. I'm sure there would be lots of other little customizations as well.

Anybody ever attempt anything like this with OSC?

Thanks,

Mike

Take an existing company with a large amount of products and customers, all of which are on a computer network, but they are not on the internet. 

I'm interested in possibly propositioning this company to build and maintain a website for them, but I think they are going to need some sort of interface between their db and the OSC store.  I would imaging things such as realtime inventory control, customer information, history, etc. will all be needed as well as some way to import (or access) their data and network.  I'm sure there would be lots of other little customizations as well.

Anybody ever attempt anything like this with OSC?

Thanks,

Mike

There is a contribution by draven which allows admins direct user interface with sql - SQL Interface v1.00 by Draven but tbh I have not got this goin yet, I always get an error.

But try and see you may get it goin.

Archived