• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration f

sstrycker

I just installed osCommerce - the latest version and am getting the error message:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/usalagra/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I've connected to the server with my ftp program and the permissions on the configure.php file are 644 - I've tried to set it to 444 but it keeps going back to 644 no matter what I do...

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Sean.

contact your host and ask them to set the permissions on the files, as some hosts do not allow users to set permissions below 644 or above 755

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I just installed osCommerce - the latest version and am getting the error message:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/usalagra/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I've connected to the server with my ftp program and the permissions on the configure.php file are 644 - I've tried to set it to 444 but it keeps going back to 644 no matter what I do...

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Sean.

Hi I had this problem myself. Using the c/panel on my server worked for me

pete

Archived