• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF files for download

Edze

Hello,

I would like to give the clients the opportunity to download manuals first before they decide to buy a product.

For example: For a certain product I would like to make a link to a PDF file, once the client reaches the product details page.

What is the right way to make it possible for clients to download manuals in PDF format?

With kind regards,

Edze

checkout the contributions area there are several pdf related contributions

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Thank you, Steve.

I will search for it in the contributions area.

With kind regards,

Edze

Hello again,

I looked at a lot of contributions, but I am very sorry that I did not find the answer to my question. I now know how to add files to download, after customers paying for those files, but that is not what I am looking for.

I hope someone can tell me how to make a link on a product page to a file, belonging to that specific product, like a manual in PDF or TXT format.

With kind regards,

Edze

Why can't you just upload your product pdf's to an appropriate folder (i.e. catalog/pdfs and then just add a fully qualified link in your product information to that file.

catalog/pdfs/snowblowers.pdf

Then in your product description add

<a href="http://www.mystore.com/catalog/pdfs/snowblowers.pdf">Click here for a nice PDF on Snowblowers </a>

HTH

Tom

Why can't you just upload your product pdf's to an appropriate folder (i.e. catalog/pdfs and then just add a fully qualified link in your product information to that file.

<a href="http://www.mystore.com/catalog/pdfs/snowblowers.pdf">Click here for a nice PDF on Snowblowers </a>

HTH

Tom

Hi Tom,

Of course, it is that simple! I was looking for a more difficult solution. :blink:

Thanks for your kind help

Regards,

Edze

• 2 months later...

HTH

Tom

Once again Tom, you have been more than helpful, and as before, so simple !

Hugh from England - BTW - HNY !

Archived