• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Don't have my SSL cert yet ...need to test checkou

stephvand

Hi gang. I just got OScommerce installed, and while configuring the software via the Web-based installation method, I indicated that we would be using SSL with our store. Now, of course, the software is attempting to connect to the secure URL when I test the checkout options.

Problem is, I don't have SSL enabled yet (I'm still shopping for certificates) and in the meantime I want to be able to check out my test orders. Is there a way to temporarily tell the software not to use the secure URL?

Also, if I'm only using PayPal and Cheque as payment options, do I even need the SSL certificate? PayPal has its own security methods, obviously.

Thanks!

Thank you! Worked beautifully.

Apparently the answer to my second question is no, I don't need the SSL certificate at all because PayPal manages the entire transaction.

Actually, I would recommend that you do use an SSL when you capture the customers information during the create account process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived