• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Replacing TEXT_MAIN with an html file

zachmorris

Hello,

I'm new to OSCommerce and PHP in general. I've installed OSCommerce and I'm trying to configure it currently.

I want to insert an HTML file in place of the default text in TEXT_MAIN. This HTML contains an embedded Flash file and cutting and pasting the code into TEXT_MAIN doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way I can call an HTML or FLASH file in place of TEXT_MAIN?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm new to OSCommerce and PHP in general.  I've installed OSCommerce and I'm trying to configure it currently.

I want to insert an HTML file in place of the default text in TEXT_MAIN.  This HTML contains an embedded Flash file and cutting and pasting the code into TEXT_MAIN doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way I can call an HTML or FLASH file in place of TEXT_MAIN?

Thanks in advance!

You can insert a html file no problem. Make sure your leave the define main quotes were thery are and just remove what is between those lines.

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN','<html>

<body>

your text or even in a table with images or what ever

</body>

</html>

');

worked for me and I am still learning myself.

anthon

Find this line of code in index.php (it'll be close to the bottom)

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
</tr>

and replace with a link to your html code.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for all the replies!

I used the External Main Page (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2484/category,all/search,external) edit to try with my page. Tested it with regular HTML files and it worked no problem with a standard HTML page (text and pictures).

The page I'd like to use though has a flash file embeded in it and won't show up. You can view both pages here:

http://www.starbrightbooks.com/sbb2/catalo...glish/main.html

http://www.starbrightbooks.com/sbb2/catalog/

I've added the text "mainstart" and "mainend" in between my embedded swf and that shows up. Is there some code in the index.php file I would have to add?

Thanks again.

Hey everyone, first post! I figured I should stop lurking and actually help a fellow newbie.

I checked out both your pages. I think the problem is in the href to the flash file:

<param name="movie" value="../../../../media/randomcutout.swf">

This relative path is incorrect for the catalog page. I think it should just be this:

<param name="movie" value="../media/randomcutout.swf">

Hope this helps.

- H

Hey everyone, first post!  I figured I should stop lurking and actually help a fellow newbie.

I checked out both your pages.  I think the problem is in the href to the flash file:

<param name="movie" value="../../../../media/randomcutout.swf">

This relative path is incorrect for the catalog page.  I think it should just be this:

<param name="movie" value="../media/randomcutout.swf">

Hope this helps.

- H

Well, that did it, and it makes perfect sense!

~Z

Archived