• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any one workng on an "Ask for Date" module for sto

macinblack

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is working on a contribution that would give the following:

If an item goes out of stock or is placed out of stock when added to the catalog, instead of it dissappearing from the catalog or being shown as out of stock, gives a link to email the shop owner for a restocking date.

This would be useful for anyone who doesn't stock masses of products but has the ability to source them quickly from manufacturers. Rather than put customers off with "OUT OF STOCK", being able to ask when they could be available would be cool.

If anyone has anything like this already, please help out a humble newby.

:blush:

Hanx

Something you might consider...

We have a similar situation where many products are not in stock here but are available for us to ship within 24 hours up to about 5 days, depending on where our supply source is.

We have installed Product Availabilty Options - 1.3 (watch the various versions- some were created for a "Loaded" package and may not work with the stock osC MS2 install. Version 1.3 seems to work just fine for us on a stock installation.

This will not change status when something goes from in stock to out of stock, but you may be able to hack it to do so or, if you know which items you almost always have in your own stock and how long it takes you to get items that are not normally in your local stock, you could set options such as

Normally ships within 24 hours

Normally ships within 48 hours

Normally ships within 3-5 days

etc.

NOTE: I just noticed this OTHER CONTRIBUTION that I haven't looked at which sounds like it may do just what you want (judging from the description).

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

If you can source them quickly from manufacturers - why show them as out of stock ?

Exactly - I don't want it show out of stock. However, if it says in stock and an order comes in and the item can't be sourced, we're in trouble. I'd rather the customer new that they need to check for certain items.

Something you might consider...

We have a similar situation where many products are not in stock here but are available for us to ship within 24 hours up to about 5 days, depending on where our supply source is.

We have installed Product Availabilty Options - 1.3 (watch the various versions- some were created for a "Loaded" package and may not work with the stock osC MS2 install. Version 1.3 seems to work just fine for us on a stock installation.

This will not change status when something goes from in stock to out of stock, but you may be able to hack it to do so or, if you know which items you almost always have in your own stock and how long it takes you to get items that are not normally in your local stock, you could set options such as

Normally ships within 24 hours

Normally ships within 48 hours

Normally ships within 3-5 days

etc.

NOTE: I just noticed this OTHER CONTRIBUTION that I haven't looked at which sounds like it may do just what you want (judging from the description).

Thanx. I'll have a look at both these as they sound just about right with minimal tweaking. Thanx again.

:thumbsup:

Archived