• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP PLEASE

Naegle

Id appreciate ANY input. I have no idea where to find the answer on this one.

#1- I CANT upload images to my database from ANY computer using the admin panel :'( :'( :'( . It gives me a permissions error. FYI- Im running osCommerce on a windows serve with vdeck installed.

I get this error...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: move_uploaded_file(E:/Accounts/misionme/catalog/images/osblogo.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 94

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php1818.tmp' to 'E:/Accounts/misionme/catalog/images/osblogo.jpg' in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 94

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php:94) in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Can I upload a databse file instead of unputting product info one by one. I'm using an Access database.

#3 Is there an option for tax exemption? We sell to manufactures so, if the register their tax ID they shouldnt be charged sales tax.

Thanks for the help. I'm kinda stuck until I figure #1 out. :'(

OK, things are getting worse. Now I can't even edit the text on the index page (even through admin). Issues with permissions. It gives me this error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: fopen(E:/Accounts/misionme/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\define_language.php on line 36

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\define_language.php on line 38

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\define_language.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\define_language.php:36) in E:\Accounts\misionme\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm starting to fume because it appears I cant make any mods at all! I beginning to think its an issue with my host. I am on a WINDOWS server >_< , but they do support osCommerce. Infact I installed it from THEIR admin panel (Vdeck).

I dont know what to do. Id appreciate any help.

I hate to say this but my server that I run is linux and I have no problems. For me to get into windows could open up a world of issues. I would suggest moving over to a Linux server. I could have oscommerce set up in minutes and working proper. Here is another site I set up. www.getscrappy.com

regards,

Blair

Thanks Blair,

I was afraid that could be the case. The only reason I am using a Windows host is because I originally started building a site with ASP and my Access database, but have since learned the folly of using Microsoft garbage. Now I'll see about transfering to another server..... HOWEVER, we already have a majority of our product info in an Access database. Is there a way I can export a database file to oscommerce or am I doomed to enter product data one by one???

Just to be clear you have the data on oscommerce or is it on access?

The data is on oscommerce. I started upload info manually through the admin panel when I first noticed the problem with the images and then text changes. But I do have most of our product info in an access database on my PC, which is why it would be really cool if I could some how export a databse to oscommerce.

Archived