• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help please

I have just installed oscommerce and got this error message. Could anyone explain?

Thanks ;)

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/voicef3/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I have just installed oscommerce and got this error message. Could anyone explain?

Thanks  ;)

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/voicef3/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Hi there,

Your config file has it's permissions set to be writable by either everyone or the webserver. Just get in there (with an FTP client if necessary) and change the write perms.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Hi there,

Your config file has it's permissions set to be writable by either everyone or the webserver. Just get in there (with an FTP client if necessary) and change the write perms.

Iggy

Im fairly new to PHP so I have no clue where to start... Could you please throw me a little direction.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Im fairly new to PHP so I have no clue where to start... Could you please throw me a little direction.

Thanks!  :rolleyes:

do a quick google on CHMOD

then ftp into your site and CHMOD 444 your config file

should do the trick and you will learn something new at the same time :)

cheers

ElLeonBlanco

"The man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery." James Joyce (1882?1941)

do a quick google on CHMOD

then ftp into your site and CHMOD 444 your config file

should do the trick and you will learn something new at the same time :)

cheers

Thanks for all your help... I understand how to go into the file with my FTP and change the permissions but.. when I do so -- they just go back to default after I update the file.........

Archived