• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting Started

jenney

Hi everyone,

This is my first time using OS Commerce and was asked a while ago to update a web site.

The admin site seems pretty straight forward, however the owner of the site has some changes they would like to have made and I'm not sure where/how to get these changes made on my computer to the admin site.

I immediately thought FTP, tried it and could not ftp to the web site successfully. If I go to edit within the Admin site, I cannot save.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, whether its a manual on the OS site or a suggestion....that would help me A LOT!

Thank you!

Jenney

The reason you were unable to FTP successfully to the site may have something to do with which files you were trying to upload. For instance if you were trying to upload includes/configure.php then you would not have been able to overwrite the existing one, which is set to 'read only'. You would need to alter the file permissions from CHMOD 400 to 644 before you could overwrite or delete it.

There's a lot of good info in the Knowledge Base (link at the top of this screen).

Vger

Jenny,

You can't make any changes until you set the proper permissions. An FTP program should allow you to change the permissions to 644 if you want to upload, or 777 to edit with OScommerce.

Hi everyone,

This is my first time using OS Commerce and was asked a while ago to update a web site.

The admin site seems pretty straight forward, however the owner of the site has some changes they would like to have made and I'm not sure where/how to get these changes made on my computer to the admin site.

I immediately thought FTP, tried it and could not ftp to the web site successfully. If I go to edit within the Admin site, I cannot save.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, whether its a manual on the OS site or a suggestion....that would help me A LOT!

Thank you!

Jenney

Archived