• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing text for 2Checkout

Jack_mcs

I accept PayPal and 2Checkout on my site and when a customer is finisshing an order, those are the words they see. I have had more than one customer email me and ask what 2CO was. I'm going to add a Help popup but in the short-term I thought it might help to change the text. I tried changing it to Visa/MC/Other like

PayPal

Visa/MC/Other

But that makes it read as "If you are going to use a credit card, clcik on the Vias/MC/Other link. Otherwise use PayPal."

Has anyone changed this text to read something other than 2CheckOut? Any suggestions?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Thanks Glenn but I wasn't looking for where to change it. I was looking for suggestions for better wording than 2CheckOut. I get a number of emails along the lines of "What is 2CheckOut?" from my customers.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Glenn but I wasn't looking for where to change it.  I was looking for suggestions for better wording than 2CheckOut. I get a number of emails along the lines of "What is 2CheckOut?" from my customers.

Jack

I use " CREDIT CARD "

it is simple and straight to the point.

- I NOW KNOW THAT I KNOW MUCH LESS THAN I THOUGHT I ONCE DID.

Thanks. I had considered Creadit Card Processing before. But since I also use PayPal, I thought it might cause even more confusion. If one is Credit Card Processing, then what is PayPal? This seems rediculous to even have to consider but, judging from the number of emails I get on it, it is very hard for some to understand.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks. I had considered Creadit Card Processing before. But since I also use PayPal, I thought it might cause even more confusion.  If one is Credit Card Processing, then what is PayPal? This seems rediculous to even have to consider but, judging from the number of emails I get on it, it is very hard for some to understand.

Jack

well, PAYPAL also offers money transactions without a credit card.

you could try:

*PAYPAL (payment using your Paypal Account or Credit Cards)

*Credit Card (Standard Visa/Mastercard/Debit transactions for none PayPal users)

just a thought .. but i do see your issue

in fact i am there myself as i just decided to upgrade my payment options.

small world :thumbsup:

- I NOW KNOW THAT I KNOW MUCH LESS THAN I THOUGHT I ONCE DID.

Thanks for those suggestions. That sounds pretty close to what I was looking for.

I've noticed that on the forums myself. No one asks about a particular topic and then there's a week where everyone asks about it.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived