• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Donate Money Module

mikek

I have been looking at a means to allow a client of ours the ability to allow customers to donate money to their charity at the checkout stage of the process.

I am essentially after some code to add a donation to their order which then shows up additional to the products in their store - rather like how the order total modules show up on the invoice. The additional *donation* needs to be added onto the order total and then processed so we can charge them by credit card.

I had thought of adding a donation product - rather like a gift voucher - but the client is not too keen on that idea as he'd like the customer to choose how much they want to donate.

Any thoughts on similar modules that i can adapt? I had though about ammending an order total type module or creating an invisible product people can add at checkout that doesnt appear in the categories menu.

I've got so far as creating a variable called $donation which the customer can populate in the checkout process. I'm not sure where to move it so that we can add it and charge it.

many thanks

mikek

Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet-engines

• 3 weeks later...
he'd like the customer to choose how much they want to donate

You could create a product called Donation with a cost of $1.

Then let the customer adjust the quantity from there.

HTH

hi gorf,

your suggestion is what i ended up using.

I copied the code out of the product page for the donation product and then added it as a block in the top of the shipping details page. this nags the customer for donation at checkout which my client requested.

all i have yet to do is put in an if statement to detect if a donation is already in the shopping cart. in that case we require the donation product to not show as the donation has already been recieved.

this is not quite how i wanted to achieve it but as the client is happy then thats just as good.

Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet-engines

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

You had a charity customer you added a donation product for by

adding the product page block to somewhere in the shipping code so i bugged them

can you let me know the files involved, as I need to do the same thing and can't seem to figure it out by myself.

Regards

Stephen (NZ)

Regards Stephen

Down-under in Kiwi land

Archived