• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No database error

spr1nt

i had to reformat my hd so i backed up my catalog folder. after the new installation, i copied over the catalog folder and tried running my store but i get this error:

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

any ideas? i think its a php file that tries to connect to the database but i cant figure out which one it is.

i had to reformat my hd so i backed up my catalog folder.  after the new installation, i copied over the catalog folder and tried running my store but i get this error:

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

any ideas? i think its a php file that tries to connect to the database but i cant figure out which one it is.

Did you backup and restore the database as well, or just the catalog folder? The database will have needed to be included or the data is gone (as is the database itself) If you had a sql dump. you would need to import it and make sure it recreated the database exactly as it was (I have dumped a db and lost one table due to my error and the whole project was toast, not on OsC though)

The error sounds as though the script cannot select the correct database (though if it didn't exist it should give a different error (Unable to connect to database!))

However, if the db wasn't fully recreated 100% the same, it may cause that. Just some thoughts, if I am going the wrong direction I appologize I have been learning PHP and working with the OsC for a while, but am not no where near that good yet.

Archived