• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

image group directory

lubert

Hello,

Sorry to ask this dump question. Since I deleted all the demo products from the distributed software, then I just can not figure out how to add a directory to put all the product images from certain manufacture into a single directory. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lubert

Uh, can you just mass add pictures ? That would be easier than binding each picture with the rest of the info.. But i doubt you can do that..

Not really mass add, but

More information:

If I enter a directory before the image, such as dir/myimage.jpg, it will not work. But If I only enter myimage.jpg, it will work. But I saw the demo used subdirectiories for images from different manufactures.

Not really mass add, but

More information:

If I enter a directory before the image, such as  dir/myimage.jpg, it will not work. But If I only enter myimage.jpg, it will work.  But I saw the demo used subdirectiories for images from different manufactures.

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem.

I replaced a product with image upload successful and everything displays fine.

The only problem is it's uploading image directly to the image dir and not in it's

designated manufacture image dir.

I also tried typing manufacturedir/image.jpg with no luck.

Question is why all products on demo have manufacturedir/image.jpg?

I personally would like to store all product images in manufacture directories.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Kevin

The default installation has images in the manufacturers' directories because they are "manually" placed there by the installation program.

Before the latest round of PHP upgrades, it seems there was a "fluke" which allowed images to be added to specific sub-directories below the images directory, but that appears not to happen any longer in newer versions of PHP

Harald posted a modification which will allow you to add to a sub-directory again from the product add/edit page in This Thread - post #32

I have installed this modification on my site and it does do the trick.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

The default installation has images in the manufacturers' directories because they are "manually" placed there by the installation program.

Before the latest round of PHP upgrades, it seems there was a "fluke" which allowed images to be added to specific sub-directories below the images directory, but that appears not to happen any longer in newer versions of PHP

Harald posted a modification which will allow you to add to a sub-directory again from the product add/edit page in This Thread - post #32

I have installed this modification on my site and it does do the trick.

A huge thanks Stuart!! :-) I'll try that.

Kevin

• 1 year later...

Besides what was originally being discussed in this topic, I find that the images directory is not logically sorted when I view it using the "Insert Images - Web Page Dialog." Is there a way to get this list sorted alpha-numerically?

Thanks.

Archived