• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple-Shipping-Addresses

BlueYon

Hi,

I have seen on a few forums people requesting this modifcation and I have completed this type of mod 3 times now but it does not seem to look right in OSC.

I have no problem setting up the validation and calculations

I have tryed it making it so it is near enough as possible to being a drop in shipping module but the interface does not look user friendly enough.

At the moment I have just rewiriten the mod to use comboboxes with the products in one box and the addresses in another. When you click add it adds the product underneath the address in the address combo box.

Has anyone seen a good example of a shopping cart system using multiple shipping addresses? if so please let me know the site!

• 4 weeks later...
I am not aware of any sites off hand that do support this functionality.? However, I am extremely interested in this functionality and would be willing to run it in my Dev. environment and make usability recommendations

Actually I have found a better soultion.

I have created to modules one a payment module and the other an order total module.

The payment module gives you the option of paying together with the next order. It will also display under the payment information section on order confirmation any other orders waiting to pay together with the next order.

The customer can use this method to be able to ship to multiple addresses and can continue clicking pay with next order until they have added all the orders with the different shipping addresses.

The good thing about it is it will work out the correct tax and shipping cost for each individual addresses and such.

The order total module will work out all the orders awaiting to be paid for that customer.

Using this method will limit the additional coding required againest any other possible multiple shipping addresses modification.

The only core files of oscommerce files you need to change would be the checkout_proccessing script to change the status of the awaiting payment with next order to have paid with this order.

I have nearly finished and can release the modules this week.

Edited by BlueYon

This actually sounds really good.  Question is, would the order module at the end honor the free shipping on order over $X if configured in the Admin?

Good point! Yes it would for the last order but not for the orders that where clicked pay with next order.

I would have to set it up to minus the total shipping cost of each order at the end.

I will try to get this all finished today.

These modules work!

What point is there a problem using this method?

This is the only method I can think of that doesern't need massive amout of coding and changes.

This lets the customer select what ever shipping method hthey want.

Please tell me how to improve this?

These modules work!

I tried out the demo, after installing you first contribution with the drop down menus of addresses and products. My preference is the first method, because the customer only has to advance through the cart once, so less time/click throughs required. A potential issue with the new method is that some customers may think they "tricked" the system if the get through to the sucess check out screen and don't read their email invoice correctly where it says something about no shipment until payment. Or maybe they forget to send payment and wonder why their item never shipped. If no payment comes in a timely manner, the shop owner has to call or email to see what their intent was. I had this experience in using the pay by check method and finally disabled it because it caused more confusion than it was worth.

Just my two cents....But don't get me wrong, I desperately need a multi-address method, especially with Christmas coming. And I do like that it keeps the items and shipping costs separate, as I'm still struggling with shipping costs on a per item, per method.

Thanks for your hard work on a much-needed contribution!

• 2 weeks later...
These modules work!

What point is there a problem using this method?

This is the only method I can think of that doesern't  need massive amout of coding and changes.

This lets the customer select what ever shipping method hthey want.

Do you have specific instructions as to how to install this. What files do I need? v1 and v2 of the download. What specific directories do the files need to go in? And what if any code modification needs to be done?

Looks like a great mod, but I can't get it to work. Now sure what files and where they go.