• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 sets of images

Panic36

Ok, i have two sets of each image, one a gif, which is basicly a thumbnail size, and one that's a jpg, full res size... I want the gif to show up on all unless the person chooses "enlarge" then i want it to bring up the jpg for the larger size... I' have all the pictures already done, and i would perfer trying to make this work other than having some pics get distorted... Any ideas ?

also, they're all the same name, just different extension, blah.jpg, blah.gif

Thanks

Rob

Thanks, I already submitted all the items with the gif, which is smaller than a resized jpg? and less bandwidth I would believe.. And the jpg has a higher resolution so i would rather use two images, instead of resizing...

bump, saying theirs no way of doing this? I know theres a contribution that allows you 2 have to different pics such as gblah.jpg and blah.jpg... But i want it to be like that, but differen't exitension on the samefile name blah.jpg blah.gif... Come on nun of you have done this?

I'm trying to follow this.  You have one small pic (Bmp)and a bigger pic (jpeg).  The problem is when you click on enlarge, the photo appears distorted?  Is that the question?

I know what he is trying to do...

Basically, when you click on the blah.gif file, it will bring up the pop-up image as blah.jpg image.

I'd love to do this as well, as my supplier can provide me with each sets.

I'll be following this to see if there's a result for this...

Basicly I want the entire site to read from picname.gif, for all the pics unless the user clicks on "enlarge" which then will not open the picname.gif, but a picname.jpg which is a higher quality... This will allow me not 2 use auto resize since the gif images are already proper thumbnail version plus a lot smaller size than it would be to use a jpg... So the only difference with this modication will be to not read the gif file when clicking enlarge but reading the jpg for the higher quality resolution...

Archived