• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extra Space in Product Listings

Marc_J

When viewing products by category, there seems to be an extra space inserted before the Product Name in the "Product Name" column.

The is only noticeable when the product name is a little longer than the column allows, and has to wrap to the next line, as shown here: -

screen1.jpg

This doesn't happen with similarly laid out pages, i.e. when listed by manufacturer...

How do I get rid of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

this is down to the   used in catalog/includes/product_listing.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

this is down to the   used in catalog/includes/product_listing.php

Thanks for the pointer!

It was actually in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

Line 104 in mine (which is modified, may be different in a clean install): -

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';

Changed to: -

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';

Not meaning to be pedantic - just making it absolutely clear for anyone else in future!

Thanks again!

Archived