• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: mysql_connect():

thejazzsinger

What have I done wrong now?

New error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/sites/paulbentleymusic.com/public_html/eshop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I've never looked at this file

thejazzsinger :-"

Sounds like your host is restricting the number of connections. You should contact them and ask them what is going on. You may be over your bandwidth limit.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've got the same thing...did a lot of work to the site last night and the FTP was acting up, constantly cutting me off and aborting operations for no reason. I hope its the host and not something I did for once!

In my experience, that error is ALWAYS hosting related. Lesson - don't go for the cheapest host you find.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Host fixed the problem within 25 minutes of me posting them the info.

For future reference, the problem (At least for me) was someone was constantly spawning requests to mySQL causing the problem. The Host shut down all requests and restarted.

Translation...

You use a shared server and your going to always face the problem of someone else's srew ups affecting your site.

Sadly, for the time being, a dedicated server is out of my reach, back to trying to make the money thing happen.

• 4 weeks later...
Sadly, for the time being, a dedicated server is out of my reach

There's always the in-between solution of a Virtual Dedicated Server. They're often not much more expensive than a decent hosting package.

Vger

Archived