• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

payment completed, but order didn't take

brettt

I'm having a problem with some, but not all, people who pay using paypal. With some the order goes through just fine, as does the payment. But with others, the payment goes through, but the order never finalizes. The items remain in the customer's cart, and the cart doesn't recognize it as a completed sale. There is no "order" from that customer in the "admin" section. The reciept is not sent to the customer. And, as you might have guessed, I don't receive notification of the sale, except that I recieve a note from paypal indicating a paypal payment for an order I never recieved.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what might be causing this problem to occur.

Thanks.

Brett

I'm having a problem with some, but not all, people who pay using paypal.  With some the order goes through just fine, as does the payment.  But with others, the payment goes through, but the order never finalizes.  The items remain in the customer's cart, and the cart doesn't recognize it as a completed sale.  There is no "order" from that customer in the "admin" section.  The reciept is not sent to the customer.  And, as you might have guessed, I don't receive notification of the sale, except that I recieve a note from paypal indicating a paypal payment for an order I never recieved.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what might be causing this problem to occur.

Thanks.

Brett

This is caused by the customer not clicking on continue after they finish paying for their order at paypal and coming back to your site. Install the paypal shopping cart ipn contribution and you will no longer have the problem.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived