• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Overall General Site Layout Question

I am trying to change up the layout of my site. I have seen the templates offered to change the layout. But the installation instructions are not to clear. Is there a certain folder these need to be installed in to get them to work? Also... where do you begin to start editing the php code manually. For an example... is there anywhere I could get example code of an edited site layout? Thanks for the help in advance.

I am trying to change up the layout of my site.  I have seen the templates offered to change the layout.  But the installation instructions are not to clear.  Is there a certain folder these need to be installed in to get them to work?  Also... where do you begin to start editing the php code manually.  For an example... is there anywhere I could get example code of an edited site layout?  Thanks for the help in advance.

first of all there are so many contribs that you need to be more specific!

and yes they do need to be in sertain folders depending on which contrib you are using.

if you read the instructions carefully they are quite simple.

and editing the php code, why do you want to do that?? you should know what you are doing before touching the code.

if you are using a template system you need not to edit the code that much, also depending on what you need to change. the welcome text content you need to edit in the php but not alot.

if you give more details we can help. :thumbsup:

If you want to do it by code I would start with the Knowledge Base and read that. Back up all the time and do a tiny little part each time. A lot of your final look will depend on your graphics, background colors, etc. If you need help in the forum besides seaching first ask a very specific question such as "how do I change the background color", the more general the question , the more general the answer.

Peter

Keep good notes.

Archived