• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Shopping Cart IPN Problem

r3g

Hi,

I installed the latest PayPal Contrib (v2.8), and all seems to have gone well, but on testing, I noticed that I was getting some errors. I've gone over the install process again, but connot see any obvious mistakes, so maybe someone out there will know what I've done (or probably 'not done' more like!).

I put through an order using two PayPal accounts that I have (one is the merchant account configured in my shop). Everything went OK, and I got thte relevant email direct from PayPal.

Then I logged into my shop admin area to see what had been recorded about the transaction.

So I clicked on Customers, then Orders, and then on the new order that was listed.

I got the summary page showing customer details, shipping and billing addresses, but then immediately below that I get;

Warning: main(/../../cat/includes/modules/payment/paypal/admin/TransactionSummaryLogs.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /../../cat/admin/orders.php on line 194

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/../../cat/includes/modules/payment/paypal/admin/TransactionSummaryLogs.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /../../cat/admin/orders.php on line 194

Below that, the rest of the order summary displays correctly showing the item details, and the current stauts as "pending".

So I then clicked on the new PayPal IPN link under the Customer section of the left hand menu, and that just gives more errors;

Warning: main(/../../cat/includes/modules/payment/paypal/admin/PayPal.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /../../cat/includes/modules/payment/paypal/templates/osC_Admin.tpl.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/../../cat/includes/modules/payment/paypal/admin/PayPal.inc.php' (include_path='') in /../../cat/includes/modules/payment/paypal/templates/osC_Admin.tpl.php on line 41

On checking the directory mentioned in the above errors (../payment/paypal/admin) I found that it contains just a subfolder called "TestPanel" and none of the files that the above scripts are trying to inlcude.

As these files are not included in the distribution, I am assuming that they are generated when the IPN is received, but what script generates them?

One thing that may cause the problem is that when I upload scripts to my webspace, they are not set with execute permissions by default, so I have to CHOD them all after uploading. I am wondering if I have missed one of the files after uploading, but I've checked them several times and can't find any problems there.

So if anyone can help point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard.

Have you tried checking the support thread? Best place to go if you are having problems.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Have you tried checking the support thread? Best place to go if you are having problems.

No I hadn't even noticed that forum !!

Doh.. must learn to search ALL forums next time instead of just the one I'm browsing.

I didn't find the exact same problem in there, but I did find a solution.

Aparrently it's common for the occasional file to become corrupted whilst uploading via FTP, so the solution was to simply re-upload the PayPal folder.

It seems to have worked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

Richard.

Archived