• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Really baffled

thejazzsinger

Hi everybody

I followed the instructions on the 'default demo page' for changing it to look like your own. All I did was change some text and I got this error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/sites/paulbentleymusic.com/public_html/eshop/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

Now I've been trying to solve this on the forum for a few days now and some of the advice I've tried to no avail and some of it I was unsure how to do. This is what I've done thus far.

I originally went into File Manager in Control Panel to change the text. The process was:

I opened the index.php file at: includes/language/english/index.php

Edited text, clicked save and attempted to view the online catalog.

ERROR MESSAGE as above

I was advised on the forum to 'escape the apostrophy' in a couple of places, which I did.

For some reason File Manager would not save the changes so I saved them in my hosts Control Panel.

Refreshed the browser.

ERROR MESSAGE the same as above.

I have repeated this process several, several times. No joy.

OK I know I'm a newbie but I seem to have done what is required but, nothing.

The only thing I havn't done is edit in ftp.mywebsite, but I really don't know how.

There must be a really stupid reason why this isn't working.

Please help.

thejazzsinger :blush: :blush: :blush:

I used to have the same problem until I started using Dreamweaver(only editor I've tried).

I know you're probably sick of doing the same thing over and over but d/l the fully functional Dreamweaver trial and see if the same thing happens. I think the trial is 30 days if I remember correctly.

If you're still getting the error you should post the code here.

Sorry but that's the only help I can offer, not a coder myself.

PS-Unless you made numerous changes, I would try editing a fresh index.php instead of trying to fix that one.

Go New England Patriots!!!!

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in ...bla bla bla...

This issue is raised a hundred times a week in these forums in various combinations. Try searching the forums a bit....

Rich.

Archived