• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download Controller

I have just installed this.

First problem. When a product is free & the total is $0 for shipping & price, the customer is still forced to choose a method of payment.

Second problem. No option to download ever shows up. Just the regular confirmation screen that says "Thanks!" and in Admin, if the order is free, it shows up as delivered.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

WendyLady

Mibble,

Thanks for these suggestions. Unfortunately, weight is already set to zero & changing my default order status to updated didn't change anything.

I tried logging in with my pretend account to see if this was a problem with the 'pay without account' contribution & no luck. Any other suggestions? I really appreciate it.

to use downloads, you need to have you pub directory with 777 properties, currently it is at 755.

second, you need to create a product option and then an attribute and then assign a file to the option/attribute for a download to work.

ok i setup a test product for you. you need to set the pub properly, also you have an error with your admin/includes/configure.php because i clicked on online catalog from admin and it goes to lala land

John,

Still no luck. I'm at a loss. Right now I'm going to put my overwrought kids to bed & try to come up with a solution tomorrow. If you have any more ideas I appreciate it.

wendy

ok.  i am going soon too.

I am having the same problem. But I am charging for these products. When I set it to updated / delivered it still doesn't show up. I've set the limitations to 2 days and 3 downloads, and it shows this information, but no download link. any help is truly appreciated.

I have gotten the Freeshipper part to work, but when the checkout process goes to payment, the customer gets the Freecharger option AND all the other payment options regardless of whether the product is free or not.

And no download options regardless of whatever other settings are up. (I am using the free product to get this running since it is the first one I have uploaded for instant download--I'll put the buy-products up for download when I get this working).

Any help? Any ideas of where this is breaking down? I have searched the forums without success.

Thanks --

Wendy

ok i setup a test product for you.? you need to set the pub properly, also you have an error with your admin/includes/configure.php because i clicked on online catalog from admin and it goes to lala land

John -- I fixed this. I had a disk space problem because of the website trying to back itself up. Also my "who's online" table crashed & I had to repair it. In my post just previous to this one I posted where I am now. You are awesome with OSC & I'm hoping you'll have time (and patience!) to help me some more. Thanks!

Edited by WendyLady

I am having the same problem. But I am charging for these products. When I set it to updated / delivered it still doesn't show up. I've set the limitations to 2 days and 3 downloads, and it shows this information, but no download link. any help is truly appreciated.

raptalk,

I just found my problem. I was trying to set my attributes with easy populate instead of through admin. Go into admin-->catalog-->product attributes. You should have an attribute called "Download" (or create it) and then give it an option for the download on the right. At the bottom you'll be able to add this option to a downloadable product, & make sure your file to be downloaded is correct there. When I tried to do this with easy populate it only worked partially -- I had to enter it by hand to get it to work.

Now I just have to figure out why my download button doesn't work! Or where my payment options went . . .

:thumbsup:

Wendy

this is all a bit insane. I am having the same problem.

I installed the downloads controller, now I get no shipping page whatsoever and there is still no downloads button. What's more, this contribution has no documentation whatsoever. I mean, install instructions are great, but a one page readme describing how to actually use the thing would be really nice.

feeling down? listen to AFTERGRASS

I'm having a very similar problem. Set up a free download. I checked the directory permissions and the filename. I DO get the download link/button but when I click on it, I get a blank browser page with this in the address bar:

http://pathtomystore/download.php/order/3/...wrht/myfile.exe

I'm stumped why the actual download isn't working???

Keilup

Your problem is the "download by redirect" setting, which by default is set to true. Set this to false. It fixed the same problem for me. And just an update, I figured out what was wrong with my entire setup. The cart I was workin on was the OSC MAX version (i didn't install it originally) and already contained a downloads controller. All I was really doing was screwing everything up and getting deeper and deeper.

My advise to any of you when it gets insane like that. Go have a drink, a smoke, whatever is your poison, sit back, exhale deeply and know that the solution is probably right in front of your nose. Thanks to all the helpful cats in these and the oscdox forums.

Cheers

-e

I'm having a very similar problem.  Set up a free download.  I checked the directory permissions and the filename.  I DO get the download link/button but when I click on it,  I get a blank browser page with this in the address bar:

http://pathtomystore/download.php/order/3/...wrht/myfile.exe

I'm stumped why the actual download isn't working???

feeling down? listen to AFTERGRASS

Your problem is the "download by redirect" setting, which by default is set to true.  Set this to false.  It fixed the same problem for me.  And just an update, I figured out what

My store is on a Linux server, but I gave this a try. Didn't work. After finishing the checkout it completely skipped over the page that says thank you for shopping and shows the download link and took me right back to the main store page. I viewed the order in my account and there is no download link available.

Any other ideas? I can't get this download to work properly.

Keilup

My store is on a Linux server, but I gave this a try.  Didn't work.  After finishing the checkout it completely skipped over the page that says thank you for shopping and shows the download link and took me right back to the main store page.  I viewed the order in my account and there is no download link available.

Any other ideas?  I can't get this download to work properly.

Ok. Finally after countless searching and monkeying I finally got this to work and I'm pretty sure I know what I changed to make it work. Turns out I did need to have redirect off even though I'm on a Linux server. At first it did take me right to the main page as I previously mentioned. However when I CHMOD my download directory to 777 (I had it on 755) then it worked. I've seen confilicting info about the CHMOD for download. Seems that both pub and download should be 777.

Thanks for the suggestion. If finally led me to the solution.

Keilup