Bizrate

xPATRIOTSx

Did Bizrate Help?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bizrate Help?

• Alot
    • Little
    • Not at all

Froogle is always worth it because it's free. Bizrate charges so I want to make sure it's worth it. Since it has a rating system for the public I'm sure it would take awhile to see the true effects. So I guess my real question is, is the $100 deposit worth it just for the exposure?

Go New England Patriots!!!!

• 1 month later...

I think that answers my question also.

I thought it was free like froogle and that the PPC was totally optional.

I didn't realize it until I read the docs, configured the feeder and uploaded it.

$100 isn't alot, but like you I'm wondering if it's worth it.

I see Bizrate is using AdWords... not sure if that's good or bad :-"

Anytime you are getting highly targetted traffic to your site, it can be profitable. I mean, the traffic you are getting is specifically looking to purchase the item they searched for. Most of the traffic you get from search engines is not going to be of this quality.

That being said, Biz rate is a quite expensive, and I wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for a high ROI. Instead, I'd start with some of the smaller, more affordable price comparison engines, such as Nextag and Dealtime, both of which offer APIs, and will cost less than half of what Biz Rate charges.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

The only other one I know of that provides good high quality traffic is pricegrabber, but they're a little on the pricey side too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I haven't used the paid listing service, but I get a good number of sales from the Additional Resources section on product pages from Shopping.com.

Considering that I get good numbers from that, I would image that their paid inclusions would as beneficial if not more so.

Knowledge Base | Contributions | Tips & Tricks Forum

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.

-- Jim Morrison

Archived