• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to remove the Lines around the Search box ?

GsmCorner

Hi, could anyone tell me how to remove the lines etc.. around the Search Box only ? i have managed to remove the writing but can't see how to remove the lines etc.. as i just need the Text bit and search button on its own.

any help would be great

Thanks

Tom

I think this feature uses a 'form' command, in which case I don't think you can remove the borders of it. You may be able to change the color to the background though - which will make them appear to 'disappear' (if you catch my drift).

Vger

this should help:

Change your includes/boxes/search.php to:

then change your stylesheet to match your needs

?>

<!-- search //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH));

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- search_eof //-->

this should help:

Change your includes/boxes/search.php to:

then change your stylesheet to match your needs

?>

<!-- search //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH));

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- search_eof //-->

thanks, that left the box with just the border line, the thing im trying to do is, if you look on the following url > http://www.toolsnstuff.co.uk/index.php look at there search bit on the header.

also would like to know how to but an image behind the search bit if you know what i mean ? like the site above ^

Thanks again

Tom

i think your after what ive done:

http://inspirit-interiors.com/catalog/index.php

search bit in header,

i just hard coded a simple form:

<td width="150" height="30" align="center" bgcolor="#A19F49">

<form name="quick_find" action="*********" method="get">

<table width="150" height="30" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr><td width="132" height="30" align="center"><input type="text" name="keywords" size="18" maxlength="30"></td>

<td width="18" height="30"><input type="image" title=" Quick Find " src="../images/go_down_13.jpg" alt="Quick Find" width="18" height="30" border="0"></td>

</tr></table></form></td>

Replace the stars with the file of your search, for a background image just add a background image to the <td> that contains your input field

i think your after what ive done:

http://inspirit-interiors.com/catalog/index.php

search bit in header,

i just hard coded a simple form:

<td width="150" height="30" align="center" bgcolor="#A19F49">

<form name="quick_find" action="*********" method="get">

<table width="150" height="30" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr><td width="132" height="30" align="center"><input type="text" name="keywords" size="18" maxlength="30"></td>

<td width="18" height="30"><input type="image" title=" Quick Find " src="../images/go_down_13.jpg" alt="Quick Find" width="18" height="30" border="0"></td>

</tr></table></form></td>

Replace the stars with the file of your search, for a background image just add a background image to the <td> that contains your input field

Hi, yea thats what i'm after thanks, so do i replace the code in the search.php file same as before ? and what is it i put in the * bit ? sorry, i don't know enough about this stuff :)

thanks

Tom

Archived