• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Strange account problem

bfr

Had this problem with original oscommerce, tried also oscmax, but same problem..

When i log in with some account, and start hitting F5(refresh) it randomly refreshes back to guest account and then back to customers account again! This also happens when changing pages, like going to checkout.. it suddenly asks you to login, and shopping cart is empty(it's not really empty, but because you are suddenly on guest account again, it is).

This is really big problem, because customer cannot checkout, since it forces him to login over and over again when trying to!

You can try to register to my page to help me, there is no actual content, just some default template and some test products.

Please help, i'm in hurry to go live!

www.rautakanki.com/catalog

ps. This might have something to do with cache/cookies?

edit: to recreate the problem:

Create any account(no need to be any real names or information)

Add product to cart

start hitting F5 several times: "log off" button disappiers and comes back, and shopping cart goes empty and back! Try also to checkout..

1. Don't use 'Cache' feature in osCommerce

2. Don't enable 'Force Cookie Use' unless you have a full ssl cert. which matches your domain name.

3. The problem you describe seems to point to incorrect configure.php files.

If you post them here, without the DB User Name and Password then people may be able to help you.

Vger

Archived