• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Couple Of Errors After Install...

austinforever

Hey. I just tried to install oscommerce and everything worked fine. When I went onto the catalog though, this was at the top.

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

Also above that it says:

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/local/share/pear:/pub/home/jdsyoyo9) in /pub/home/jdsyoyo9/htdocs2/shop/catalog/includes/header.php on line 30

Im so confused, can anyone help? Thanks in advance

the knowledge base is great to search thru. the installation procedure i believe talks about this.

the /tmp setting is a default in your configuration logging and sessions, as each site is different and must match whatever you have for your document root.

thus create a new directory named tmp in your document root and the error goes away.

I've looked through the knowledge base, but I can't find anything on the tmp stuff. I've created a tmp folder in every single place I can think of, right from the start of the server, all the way up to the catalog of the shop. The error just wont go away.

Sessions can either be stored in files (/tmp directory) or can be stored in the mysql database. If you want sessions to be stored in the database then in the two configure.php files (on the last line), between the two single commas insert my sql, as in 'mysql'

If you want to store them in files (using a 'tmp' directory) all of the permitted file pathways are given to you in your first post. There are multiple possibilities, each a seperate pathway seperated by a ':' (colon).

Vger

Im sorry, im new to this whole thing. How do you set sessions?

Sorry about the above mistake I made didn't mean to do that.

Here is my message in relation to the original post I have a similar problem.

I get this message: Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: 3;/www/php. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

My last line in catalog/includes/configure.php looks like this:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

My last line in admin/includes/configure.php

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Where do I make thise changes in these lines as recommended by this thread?

I don't see this: defined as ''. Change the '' to 'mysql'

Thanks

Archived