• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation of Contributions

KimBradshaw

I looked around and for some reason can not locate a place here in the site that explains how to install contributions.  I downloaded one and I am not sure what to do next.

Kim,

There should be a readme.txt file in the contribution that explains step-by-step what to do.

ed

That is what I thougth would happen, however there was only a single .php file in the .zip file

Contributions are somewhat hit and miss. Some have excellant documentation some have really bad or no docs and most are somewhere in between. One thing you should always do is search the contribution support section of the forum for a support thread for whatever contribution you are thinking about installing before you do the install. It will save you some trouble later on.

What contribution are you trying to install?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Contributions are somewhat hit and miss. Some have excellant documentation some have really bad or no docs and most are somewhere in between. One thing you should always do is search the contribution support section of the forum for a support thread for whatever contribution you are thinking about installing before you do the install. It will save you some trouble later on.

What contribution are you trying to install?

I think it is called All Products, it will produce a single list of all products for customers and search engines.

Kim - you probably downloaded a file that just contained a fix or an update. You need to download the full package. Sometimes it is hard to tell due to the way the contributions are added.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived