• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do credit card payments work?

pistonie

hey all..

i installed the credit card payment module..

except as the owner of the shop, how do i actually get the money which the customer has paid for via credit card????

dunno if that makes sense?

thanks..

you will need to process the credit card info yourself.  use the split credit card function which you can read about in the knowledge base.

thanks, but can u help me out by giving me a link to the knowledge base section where i would find this info? i cant seem to find it :blink:

The credit card module only allows you to interface your site with a bank or other institution through which you route your customers' credit card payments. Getting your own merchant id, or even using a shared merchant id is not likely to be viable for a new start-up. Stick with using the PayPal module for accepting your credit/debit card payments at first. PayPal provides the secure server, so you don't have to use an ssl of your own, though it is advisable to store all of your customer account info within an ssl.

Vger

hey all..

i installed the credit card payment module..

except as the owner of the shop, how do i actually get the money which the customer has paid for via credit card????

dunno if that makes sense?

thanks..

Archived