• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pay with detailed check...

PopTheTop

I have installed the Pay with detailed check Contribution from HERE and now there is a problem. It seems that this contribution is not complete or finished.

I added my e-mail address in the payment modual settings to have the check payment info sent to me by e-mail, but the only thing in the e-mail is the order number and "Middle:" with the acct holder's name like this: Middle: My Name.

That is all. What is that "Middle" and where is the check info????

When I look at the admin order details, this info is not even in there like it should be. It should be displayed there like the credit card info is when payment is by credit card.

Can someone please update this or tell me how to fix this?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I have installed the Pay with detailed check Contribution from HERE and now there is a problem. It seems that this contribution is not complete or finished.

I added my e-mail address in the payment modual settings to have the check payment info sent to me by e-mail, but the only thing in the e-mail is the order number and "Middle:" with the acct holder's name like this: Middle: My Name.

That is all. What is that "Middle" and where is the check info????

When I look at the admin order details, this info is not even in there like it should be. It should be displayed there like the credit card info is when payment is by credit card.

Can someone please update this or tell me how to fix this?

use Online Money Order it works the other one does not

Thanks, I will give it a shot...

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

It worked great. I added all the extra fields that I needed to collect the full eCheck payment, including the error messages if left blank and renamed everything from omo to echeck, including the file name itself.

One question though...

How would I go about saving the payment info in the database like the credit card info is saved? I may need to go back and lookup an order if a check does not clear or something and I will need this info in the order details page.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I can post the updated contribution if anyone wants me to...

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

The updated (new) eCheck payment module contribution can be found at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2489

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

PopTheTop

great job! I was working on the SAME THING myself you saved me some time :)

Thats the same problem I'm having though too I've got to figure out a way to put it in the database instead of just email. Maybe someone else can give us a hand too? Im going to keep working on it hopefuly we'll get it working soon.

Thanks

Steel

That's great. I was wondering how to get the info saved to the database so that you can pull it up in the order details screen. I am no programmer and never figured it out.

You need this because if you loose the e-mail or somehow it does not get sent to you, then you have no info for that payment.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Actually, after the last 7 hours, I FINALLY have it where all the info is saved in the database. I have also added a printout of a check in the Order Details screen with all the payment info on the check. Now that is really cool!

I will update the Pay with detailed check sometime soon and will post when I am done...

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Ok, I just finished and uploaded the newest version of this contribution. You may now get it from HERE

Screen shot is now included!

===========================

NOTE: This version (v2.0) is totally new. Do not use any previous versions.

To upgrade to v2.0, just follow the easy instructions in the README.TXT file and replace both echeck.php files.

----------------------

This will allow you to be able to accept online eCheck payments by phone, fax or e-mail. Using software like eChex 2000 (available from http://www.cardhost.com/files/eChex2000.zip), you simply input your customers banking account info into eChex 2000 and print a check draft ready for deposit. No signature is ever required on any bank draft. You deposit them just like any other check and ALL US banks accept them.

NOTE: This payment modual is for US Bank Account Holders only. Backup your files and database!

EASY installation, just copy 2 files to your server and modify the files as instructed. Then activate it in Admin / Moduals / Payment.

----------------------

UPDATED: Nov 1, 2004

Version: 2.0

Added all eCheck payment details to the order database. This way, if you loose an e-mail or the mail server goes down, you can still pull up the payment deatails in the Order Details screen.

Added a new visual check to the Order Details screen so that the payment details look like a real check, now this is really cool!

Now compatable with the Order Edit Contribution from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

See Step 9 at the bottom

Screen shot is now included!

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2004

Version: 1.1

Glory Hog removed all previous references to PopTheTop for the "store name" and "payable to" and added info to not set to sort 0

RELEASED: Oct 25, 2004

Version: 1.0

This is the original release by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I found some problems with the one PopTheTop did so i redid it and am working on one to add it to detail screen instead of email I will post when finished

Hey Steel, I just uploaded a new version. Try that one out for size. What problems did you find in the previous version?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 1 month later...
Hey Steel, I just uploaded a new version. Try that one out for size. What problems did you find in the previous version?

Gosh Ive been working at my other job so much I havent had much time to look at anything. Im sorry but Im just reading this post now almost 2 months later so I can't remember what was wrong.

Anyway I said I would also post my contrib here when I was done, its a bit different from yours POP but I guess they basicly do the same thing :)

I think the one PoPTheTop did was also great! Good job POP!

I like the way you did the check in the admin I thought it looks realy cool, but I realy didn't want that much on the admin screen since I print mine out for office use and don't want to waste the ink. Mine in the admin looks like the CC info short and to the point

I got screen shots included. Check it out and tell me what ya think

Electronic Check Payment Module V1.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2745

~Steel

Gosh Ive been working at my other job so much I havent had much time to look at anything. Im sorry but Im just reading this post now almost 2 months later so I can't remember what was wrong.

Anyway I said I would also post my contrib here when I was done, its a bit different from yours POP but I guess they basicly do the same thing  :)

I think the one PoPTheTop did was also great! Good job POP!

I like the way you did the check in the admin I thought it looks realy cool, but I realy didn't want that much on the admin screen since I print mine out for office use and don't want to waste the ink. Mine in the admin looks like the CC info short and to the point

I got screen shots included. Check it out and tell me what ya think

Electronic Check Payment Module V1.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2745

~Steel

Steel,

Just a suggestion. You may want to add some kind of verification like having the customer input their routing and account number twice like you would do with an e-mail or password since people do make mistakes when entering important information like this.

No, not really. That is so freaking annoying when I have to do it so I will not make the customers do that as well. If they get it wrong, then it is their fault the order takes longer to get processed.

In my contribution, I get the bank phone number. This way, I can call and verify that the funds are in the account and then I ask about the routing number to verify that it is correct before printing a draft and making the deposit.

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Steel,

Just a suggestion.  You may want to add some kind of verification like having the customer input their routing and account number twice like you would do with an e-mail or password since people do make mistakes when entering important information like this.

Thanks for the suggestion they are always welcome, but I would have to agree with POP on this issue. I realy don't like having to input twice myself either and usally I've found that if you have to enter something twice most people just copy and paste it anyway defeating the purpose because if the first one is wrong than the pasted one will be wrong also.

Thanks again!

~Steel

Here is a list of contribs I have either done, added to, or had some type of input on

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...ow&category=all

• 5 months later...
Check Printing Software 2000 and can be downloaded at: http://www.checkprintingsoftware.com/download/ as FREEWARE!

Even though the name sounds the same, this is not the same program as Echex2000

Thanks

Steel

Thanks a lot. It works

I just didn't like the fact that a contributer was making money out of selling a simple applilcation. That was the main reason I didn't want to use echex2000

thx

:)