• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Two Quick Questions

I didn't want to delete anything until I asked these 2 questions out of sheer fear of totally screwing up my shop. There's too many products to re-add in the case of a mess up.

1. I do not want my shop to include german or spanish languages. I want plain ol' english. How do I..

a.) Remove the languages as well as the links and image flags from the entire site without messing anything up?

2. I do not want all of those countries listed as choices for shipping. I ship only to the 50 United States. How do I ..

a.) Remove all of the country choices except for the United States from the registration and shipping/order pages without messing anything?

I've looked all over the site here for the answers, but I couldn't find them. I'm sure I just missed them due to being rather tired, but any help is appreciated.

Ok, I didn't delete it the languages folders or files, because they don't take up very much space at all, and just incase ~_o but to solve your solution I think this will work

in catalog/includes/column_right.php find

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

and change it to

// ? ?include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

And make English the default language in your admin control panel if it isn't already... This will remove the boxes from showing but make it so you dont have to delete anything... But I guess it wouldn't matter to delete the other language folders since you wont be using them... But don't take my word for it...

Robert

Ok, I didn't delete it the languages folders or files, because they don't take up very much space at all, and just incase ~_o but to solve your solution I think this will work

in catalog/includes/column_right.php find

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

and change it to

//    include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

And make English the default language in your admin control panel if it isn't already... This will remove the boxes from showing but make it so you dont have to delete anything... But I guess it wouldn't matter to delete the other language folders since you wont be using them... But don't take my word for it...

Robert

Robert,

Thank you. It appears to be working for me. I also took care of the currency box at the same time. :thumbsup:

Shawn

Archived