• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Restoring my, uh store...

bad_lemming

Hey guys,

Looked as hard as I could for a thread that would answer this question, but was having a bit of difficulty with the paculiar search mechanism (no 4- letter words?!??!) So please point me at the appropriate thread if I missed it...

background:

I have a store that I have been developing on a local server, that I recently had to rebuild. I backed the store up as best I could (moved all files from /catalog into a zip and saved them on another machine), and restored them to the machine once it was back up and running.

I went into the configure.php and changed the database and server info, and tried to run the admin install and got the error:

1146 - Table 'lemming1.configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

obviously lemming1 is the name of the database.

question:

Am I going about migrating my store in the appropriate method? For instance, it occured to me that I might try to do a clean install and try to patch in the restore files, but that would be some effort, and I wanted to get an educated opinion first.

Any suggestions or advice anyone can offer would be highly appreciated.

do not run an install, what you need to do is restore the database which you backed up (you did back it up after development didnt u?) and then that will set the configuration table as well as everything else.

use phpmyadmin or mysql connector to attach to the database then restore the sql backup file.

please disregard, it shames me to say this, but I was going to the /admin and not the /install...

this is one for the record books to be sure, admins feel free to delete unless you would like to give the community time to throw things at me. :oops:

do not run an install, what you need to do is restore the database which you backed up (you did back it up after development didnt u?) and then that will set the configuration table as well as everything else.

use phpmyadmin or mysql connector to attach to the database then restore the sql backup file.

Thanks, but I haven't brought this store to production yet, hence there is no database to back up.

I was modding the store so all my work was in the phps and css, the install did the trick for me.

:blush:

Archived