• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

warning that i cant fix

crash103

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/crash103/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

this is the eror that im tring to fix and i cant i have tryd to go to the folder vis ftp and i have tryed to go to the adress in a browser but yet i cant get to it even though it says that i can what does this mean and what do i need to do to fix it

thank you

Jon Groves

The configure files should be read only for security purposes. You need to change the permissions on that file to read only. How you do it will depend on your setup. If you have CPanel, you can do it through the File Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I also have this problem - I've trawled the forum extensively and tried all the solutions suggested. Although the permissions on my configure.php are set to Read, the warning message still appears at the top of the page/s.

Even though I know the file is secure, it doesn't look very professional having this warning on the store pages - isn't there a way to comment out that particular error report?

Thanks

OK, this might have been obvious to experienced OSC users, but in case any other newbies have this problem, it seems that commenting out line 503 of includes/application_top.php - define('WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE', 'true') - or setting it to 'false' gets ride of the warning. Of course, I guess it's best to make sure your config files *do* have the correct permissions first :-"

Archived