• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

manufacturer report

dirthawker

Hi, some of our manufacturers want to dropship their items directly to the customer. I''ve installed the margin report contribution and it is GREAT, and I plan to install the manufacturer email contrib. However, I was wondering if there was a report that would list our sales (monthly let's say) by manufacturer so we can cut a check to each company. (It would be nice if the margin report could be trimmed to a manufacturer.) I've looked through the mods and don't see anything like that... help?

-andrea-

Mibble, question, or for anyone familiar with the Margin Report mod:

I swiped and tweaked a chunk of code from margin_report.php and plugged it into margin_report2.php.

$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id order by m.manufacturers_name";
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     $page_contents .= '</td><td align="right" class="main">' . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
     $m_options[] = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
     while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $m_options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
     }
     $page_contents .=  tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $m_options, (isset($_GET['filter_id']) ? $_GET['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

and changed the sql select so that if

(isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) and $_GET['manufacturers_id'] <> '')

it will pull in only those with the right manufacturer's ID.

And believe it or not, it works. I'm not entirely sure how or why, but it does. B)

Now -- I'd like to pop the name of the manufacturer up there in the header. And I haven't got a clue because I have no idea how forms work! I can get hold of the id with $_GET['manufacturer_id'] but not the name. How do I get manufacturer_name into a variable? I know it's sitting there somewhere in the array and I don't think I need to do another SQL select....

Thanks

-andrea-