• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error

thejazzsinger

O dear what a disaster. Thought I would be clever and try and change the main page info from default, but, did it on the german language page incase I did it wrong. If I make a mistake it wont matter right!?! WRONG..

I can't access my shop. All I get is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '/' in /home/sites/paulbentleymusic.com/public_html/eshop/includes/languages/german/index.php on line 14

I can't open the english main page.

Don't you just hate newbies :blush:

thejazzsinger :-"

Post a bit of the file that's causing the error with a couple of lines above and below line 14

/home/sites/paulbentleymusic.com/public_html/eshop/includes/languages/german/index.php

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Post a bit of the file that's causing the error with a couple of lines above and below line 14

Its in the german index.php file

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', I DELETED COPY FROM HERE </b></font>.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'Neue Produkte im %s');

Its in the german index.php file

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

? Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', I DELETED COPY FROM HERE </b></font>.');

The first thing that would cause a problem is the missing single quote at the beginning of the defined text and you want to be sure that all html tags are opened and closed

define('TEXT_MAIN', '<font color="#f0000"><b>I DELETED COPY FROM HERE</b></font>.');

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Archived