• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error Help

hughesa12

Hi can any one help me, i have just setup this site www.motomadness.net, and i am getting this error at the top,

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/motomadn/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

What is it i have to do here. Also how do i change the image at the top of the page.

the knowledge base has both answers for that,

basically change the permissions on your configure.php files and find the oscommerce.gif file (i use windows grep to find everything) and it will tell you the exact file to change for that. i could tell you but then you wouldnt learn that much.

if push comes to shove, start looking in the includes/languagees in there are all the definitions for the text changes you will want to make.

permissions are CHMOD 644 if you still get the warning then use CHMOD 444 read only state

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived