• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to set tax rate?

santanu

Hi

I am using oscommerce MS2 for last 8 months. I am facing one problem regarding tax zone. I want to set my shoping cart in such way that peoples of Florida don't have to pay any tax where as peoples of other state like New York or Albama have to pay 10% as tax on total amount.

I try it from admin section by creating tax zone and set tax rate for that tax zone. But I am faliure.

I any body here to solve this problem?

what state are you in? do you have an account with new york, or alabama, etc where you pay the tax to that state? as far as i know at the moment the only state which gets taxed, is your own (unless you are in oregon, a few others).

I get request to apply tax rate for all states except SC(south carolina).

We set tax % for all states but when someone from that tax zone state place an order, the tax value never get calculated with the product price.

are we doing some mistake somewhere ? does anyone faced similar problem before. I would like to know the proper procedure of implimenting this feature using oscommerce..

Regards.

We have some good instructions in our knowledge base :)

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...s_and_Taxes/169

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Archived