• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Graphs directory is not writeable.

nickburrett

Hi, I have the error

Graphs directory is not writeable.
I have chmod the graphs directory to 777 but once I do this the picture showing the hit rate of the banner changes to this text
TEXT_BANNERS_LAST_3_DAYS

Also no matter how many banners I upload, they still dont show up! Is there a way to make sure the banner manager is turned on?

Thanks in advance

Nick

www.amazon.dj

On the last point, go to your osCommerce 'admin' control panel, select Tools, then Banner Manager, and then add your banners.

With regard to CHMOD. What sort of server are you on? If you are on a Windows server and trying to use the chmod command via FTP you are out of luck. This will only work with Linux and Unix (via FTP).

If you have SSH or Telnet access then you can reset the chmod for that folder, on Unix, Linux and Windows servers.

Vger

On the last point, go to your osCommerce 'admin' control panel, select Tools, then Banner Manager, and then add your banners.

With regard to CHMOD.  What sort of server are you on?  If you are on a Windows server and trying to use the chmod command via FTP you are out of luck.  This will only work with Linux and Unix (via FTP).

If you have SSH or Telnet access then you can reset the chmod for that folder, on Unix, Linux and Windows servers.

Vger

I'm on a linux server doing CHMOD via Cpanel, I can CHMOD no problem, but whatever I CHMOD the directory to it produces a new error.

I know how to upload banners, osCommerce says that the banner has been uploaded but it wont show the banner and I cant find the uploaded image.

Nick

Also no matter how many banners I upload, they still dont show up!  Is there a way to make sure the banner manager is turned on?

I do not have an answer for the graphs thing, mine still won't work.

In regards to the banners not showing up, I had a similar problem. The default OScommerce banner is in the 460x80 banner group. When I created a new banner group and tried to save my new banners in there, I could not see them. So I saved them under the default 460x80 and they showed up. So I suggest you do the following save your banners in the default group and make sure that after you select your banners to save, you click on UPDATE. If you have to create a new banner group, make sure you check the permissions of that new folder group created to 777. and last, make sure you are including a url for your banner. Good luck Nick.

Archived