osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change color on search bar.

xciso

Uh hrrm :)

I think you want to open up your stylesheet and look for

infoBoxContents

infoBoxHeading

Then change the background color to whatever you want? It'll change all the infoboxes though.

Hope that's what you mean!

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

It would actually help if you knew yourself what it was that you were after as my interpretation of what you are actually after is nothing to do with borders but rather field backgrounds as in the case of the currencies the background for the dop menu and search the input text fields background.

If this is not what you are after then no do not have a clue as to what you are after from what information you have given so far.

Maybe a link to the issue could give a visual clue as to what you mean.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

In the includes/functions/html_output.php file, find the function named tep_draw_input_field and change this line

$field = '<input type="' . tep_output_string($type) . '" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

to this

$field = '<input type="' . tep_output_string($type) . '" style="background-color:blue; color:red; border-width: 5px; border-color:red"" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

for an example of controlling the box.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

In the includes/functions/html_output.php file, find the? function named tep_draw_input_field and change this line
 ?$field = '<input type="' . tep_output_string($type) . '" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

to this

?$field = '<input type="' . tep_output_string($type) . '" style="background-color:blue; color:red; border-width: 5px; border-color:red"" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

for an example of controlling the box.

Jack

I tryed that but this change the search,

and I want to change the border for currencies

Thanks for this toooooo!! ;)

apply what Jack_mcs gave but to the pull down menu code

////
// Output a form pull down menu
?function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {
? ?$field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

? ?if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

? ?$field .= '>';

? ?if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

? ?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ? ?$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';
? ? ?if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {
? ? ? ?$field .= ' SELECTED';
? ? ?}

? ? ?$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
? ?}
? ?$field .= '</select>';

? ?if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

? ?return $field;
?}

apply to the <select> part of the code

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 3 weeks later...

xcisco,

Did you manage to get your currency box changed. I got the input fields working but cant get the drop down boxes to fully change colour

Here's my drop down code from html_output as suggested by steve

function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {

$field = '<select style="background-color:#ffffff; color:#705737; border-width: 5px; border-color:#705737"" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"' ;

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {

$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';

if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {

$field .= ' SELECTED';

}

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';

}

$field .= '</select>';

The background colour white and the text colour brown have changed in my currencies box (and all other dropdowns).

When I click on down arrow on a dropdown box the border colour around box that drops down is brown as per above code (border-color:#705737).

But, How can I change the outside border colour of the dropdowns, which is a light blue, and also the arrow colour on the dropdowns, which changes on mouse over.

Hope I've explained this ok !!

Thanks

Adrian

apply what Jack_mcs gave but to the pull down menu code

////
?function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {
? ?$field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

? ?if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

? ?$field .= '>';

? ?if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

? ?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ? ?$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';
? ? ?if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {
? ? ? ?$field .= ' SELECTED';
? ? ?}

? ? ?$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';
? ?}
? ?$field .= '</select>';

? ?if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

? ?return $field;
?}

apply to the <select> part of the code

I just uploded a contribution (see my signature) that will allow you to alter all of the forms. You just have to play wih the css to get it the way you want.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Great contribution, will come in very handy. Can get all colours to change with your contrib, except the colours on the outside of drop downs before they are selected. The down arrow to see whats in the box that changes on mouseover and the outside border of the drop down box are still blue. Any idea how to change these.

Thanks

Adrian

I just uploded a contribution (see my signature) that will allow you to alter all of the forms. You just have to play wih the css to get it the way you want. 

Jack

AFAIK, it is not possible to change those. The arrow, at least, is controlled by the browser. You might try different border styles for the pull-down but I don't think they will work for it.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived